Acupuncture in a Comfortable Group Setting
At Rochester Community Acupuncture you’ll receive a customized acupuncture treatment from a skilled practitioner in a safe and supportive group setting while you relax in a comfy chair. We keep our prices low so you can get acupuncture as often as you need to feel well.
Important COVID-19 Updates - Please Read!
WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE OUR REOPENING ON MONDAY, June 22nd!
You will be able to schedule an online appointment on or after June 10th
When we reopen we will be limiting appointments to returning patients. We will begin scheduling New Patients on July 6th. Please familiarize yourself with the following important changes at RCA.
SICK/SYMPTOMATIC PATIENT POLICY:
IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK OR EXPERIENCING ANY COVID-19 SYMPTOMS (SEE COVID-19 SCREENING BELOW), PLEASE CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT ASAP. We will not treat anyone who is sick or symptomatic. If you are sick or symptomatic, please stay home and contact your primary care physician.
By coming to your appointment, you are confirming you DO NOT have the following.
Please answer yes or no:
- tested positive for COVID-19
- contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19
- contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms
- a fever of 100° F/38° C or higher
- any fever in the past 72 hours
- acute cough
- difficulty breathing
- shortness of breath
- vomiting or diarrhea
If yes to any of these, you will not be able to receive a treatment. This screening plus a temperature check will be performed prior to your appointment.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES:
We have updated our clinic policies and procedures to make our facility as safe as possible for all patients and staff. We are closely following CDC guidelines for healthcare facilities pertaining to hand hygiene, cleaning and disinfecting as well as social distancing. Updates include, but are not limited to, the following
- ALL PATIENTS WILL BE SCREENED FOR COVID-19 PRIOR TO THEIR APPOINTMENTS and all staff will be screened for Covid-19 before coming to work each day.
- All patients and staff are required to wear masks inside our facility at all times. MASKS WITH VALVES ARE NOT ALLOWED (unless covered with a cloth or surgical mask). The mask must cover your nose and mouth. If you need to purchase a mask we will have a limited number available, but please wear you own if possible.
- NO WALK-INS or “squeezes”. Appointments must be scheduled.
- Please arrive exactly on time to your scheduled appointment. We will not be taking early arrivals and we cannot guarantee our ability to accommodate people who are late.
- The waiting area is closed to all patient companions. Please ask anyone accompanying you to your appointment to wait outside of our building.
- Patients must use hand sanitizer at check-in.
- We offer a low to no-contact payment/check-in system.
- You may pay by credit card, debit card, check or cash. If you plan to pay with cash, you must bring exact change.
- All recliners are at least 6 feet apart, head to head. Our capacity in the treatment rooms has been reduced to half of our capacity pre-Covid-19.
- All recliners will be cleaned after every single use and sheets will be changed before/after each patient.
- The acupuncturist will speak with you quietly while they sit at the foot of your chair with your legs/feet extended; if you would like you may bring in a note about your health condition to minimize talking.
- Please do not bring extra bags or unnecessary items into the treatment room. We also ask that you don’t touch any avoidable surfaces.
- Common surfaces and high traffic areas will be sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- HEPA air purifiers are placed in several locations throughout our office suite, and windows will be opened periodically throughout the day.
- All staff have been trained in safety procedures including hand hygiene, cleaning and disinfecting procedures, social distancing and low and no-contact work methods.
- Treatment times will be limited to 30-45 minutes to allow the acupuncturist enough time to clean/sanitize chairs between patients.
Due to necessary clinic changes related to COVID, we will be returning with less hours, and will be seeing less patients per hour. This reduced capacity is necessary for safe social distancing, and with the additional increase in operating costs associated with cleaning products and safety equipment, we have had to increase our pricing. We appreciate your understanding and continued support.
Thank you for your understanding, respect and consideration.
What is community acupuncture?
Community Acupuncture is a social-business model that aims to increase patient access to acupuncture by offering individualized treatments in a quiet, comfortable group setting and fees on an affordable sliding scale. Rochester Community Acupuncture is part of a growing international movement dedicated to providing affordable accessible healthcare.
See the video below of our clinic in action!
A winning endeavor for both patients & the clinic
It is very rare for a health problem to resolve completely with one acupuncture treatment. Frequent treatment is much more likely to lead to relief. Community Acupuncture gives people the opportunity to receive treatment as often as needed to get phenomenal results. It also creates sustainable jobs for acupuncturists, while engendering a warm community atmosphere amongst patients and staff!
The cost for each visit is set on a sliding-scale of $25 – $50. You decide what you pay with no questions asked or any sort of income verification. There is a $15 fee for the first visit only to cover the initial consultation, so plan to spend between $40 and $65 at your first visit. Learn more.
Use our client portal to schedule appointments online.
Fill out these forms before your first appointment.
Read through our FAQs to find answers to your questions!
Community Acupuncture in Action
You’re in good hands at Rochester Community Acupuncture. Our practitioners have over 24 years combined clinical experience and have successfully treated thousands of clients, of many age groups, who have struggled with a variety of illnesses and ailments in their lives. Just under 74,000 acu-naps have been taken in our chairs since we opened in 2009. We are glad you found our clinic and are excited to be your neighborhood place for everyday healing.
Hours & Location
We are located in Village Gate Square on the 4th floor of building 302.
302 Goodman St N #403
Rochester, NY 14607
Our Appointment Times:
Tues: 9 – 1 & 3 – 7
Thurs: 9-1 & 1:30 – 5:30
Same day appointments are often available. Please call ahead or book online!
We are currently closed on Fridays and Saturdays We will resume these days in August.
Parking is available in the lots to the side of our building (there is a giant mural painted on building 302) behind building 320 (entrance is off N. Goodman just before the train tracks) or to the very back of Village Gate behind building 274. More about parking
Rochester Community Acupuncture
Rochester, NY 14607
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most common and dependable medical therapies used in the world. It is by nature simple, safe and effective health care.
Acupuncturists use thin, sterile disposable needles inserted superficially into specific areas of the body in order to help the body’s ability to heal itself. Energy flows in our body through a network of meridians, like a highway system. Injury, congestion, and stress can interrupt the smooth flow of energy throughout the body, creating a “traffic jam”. In a highway system, congestion may also cause traffic to be backed up on secondary roads that feed into or out of the affected area. This is true in the body, too. Any disruption in the flow of energy, can affect many processes of the body (e.g. digestion, the ability to sleep and the immune system). Acupuncture helps clear blockages (traffic jams) in the flow of energy, enabling our natural healing processes to function effectively.
Why do people get acupuncture?
People get acupuncture for many different reasons. Here are a few responses to a question that may have hundreds of answers:
to help you relax
to help you feel more energized
to help you avoid illness/injury
to help alleviate physical pain
to help you think more clearly
to help you stop thinking (especially around bedtime)
to help with digestive issues (including GERD and IBS)
to use alongside many conventional therapies/medications for the purpose of augmenting their effect and lowering doses
to add legitimate choices for your health care assistance.
What does acupuncture treat?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has recognized acupuncture as a valuable healing modality for over 40 specific health conditions, including:
Anxiety & stress
Allergies & Asthma
Coughs & colds (including sinus congestions, sore throat, fever, body aches)
Digestive issues (including constipation, bloating, gas, diarrhea, heartburn)
Headaches or migraines
High blood pressure
Lower back pain
Menopausal symptoms (including hot flashes, night sweats)
Menstrual problems (including PMS, painful / heavy periods, absence of periods)
Muscle or joint pain
Side-effects of medications (e.g. chemotherapy)
More questions about acupuncture and our clinic?